OPK – (induces optokinetic nystagmus)
Finally, an optokinetic diagnostic and therapeutic app for Android This is the first and only OKN (Optokinetic Nystagmus) app endorsed by the International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation (IAFNR). 10% of OPK sales will be generously donated to the IAFNR for their continued research in the field of Functional Neurology.
OPK was designed to induce optokinetic nystagmus using an Android device. This is a modern replacement for old-fashioned optokinetic drums or cloth strips used by most orthoptists and neurologists. By using this app, a nystagmus will develop in both infants and adults with normal vision. The presence of nystagmus typically indicates an intact visual pathway.
This easy-to-use application provides multiple configuration options. When the app is launched, it will display alternating black and white horizontal stripes. From there, you can…
• Double tap the screen to start/stop the stripes from scrolling.
• Use unlock option from menu to change the settings like speed, color, direction etc.
• Use send settings option to share the settings recommended for other users of the app.
• Horizontal swype to change the colors of the stripes. Options include black/white, red/white and black/white/red/white.
• Vertical swype to scroll the stripes in the direction of the swype. The scrolling speed is incremented with each subsequent swype. Scrolling is bidirectional.
• Pinch or Zoom with two fingers to resize the stripes. This can be done in either a stopped or scrolling state.